16-day group tour along the Andes in Peru & Bolivia in August 2020
Arrival in Cuzco: 24.07.2020
Departure from Cuzco: 08.08.2020
Throughout this unique and versatile trip in Peru you will be accompanied by the Peruvian shaman Viejo Agustin Rivas, as well by Gitika Linser and Katja Dienemann.
Peru – there is hardly any other country in Latin America with this variety of cultural-historical treasures and fascinating landscapes.
This journey takes us to some of the most important places of power (called Wakas) of the Incas, which are situated in the Andes. This enables us to come in direct contact with nature, as well as feel and discover the magic, mysticism and the gods of the indigenous tribes that lived in this area. Each step, each weather-phenomenon, each cave and ruin, each flower and plant, every bath in the clear and healing waters of the Andes and breathing in the pure air of the mountains allow us to renew ourselves and to reflect on possible changes in our lives. To reinforce this you will be supported by your travel-companions who will give you impulses from shamanism, indigenous wisdom and nature-coaching throughout the whole journey.
Cuzco – Machu Pichu – Puno – Copacabana – Lake Titicaca – Cuzco – Ausangate – Rainbow-Mountain – Cuzco
1st Day – Cuzco
The trip begins with the arrival at the airport in Cuzco. From there you will be brought to the hotel to meet all the participants. The first day will be used to acclimatize to the high altitude (Cuzco lies at about 3.399m above sea-level) and to get used to the new surroundings.
2nd Day – Sacred Valley – Aguas Calientes
Scenic bus- or train ride from Cuzco to Aguas Calientes. We will travel along the Urubamba-River through the sacred valley of the Incas, the Valle Sagrada, and see its famous attractions – the relicts and ruins of the once mighty Inca-Empire. On the way to Aguas Calientes we will also visit the „City of the Rainbow“, Chinchero, and the impressive circular terrace complex of Moray.
Optional visit of the hot springs, or „Aguas Calientes“, in the afternoon.
3rd Day – Machu Picchu
The day starts early in the morning with a short bus-ride to Machu Picchu to visit the world-famous compound.
One of the highlights of our trip is the visit of this mystic place of power, the ancient Inca city of Machu Picchu, a UNESCO world heritage site and one of the new seven wonders of the world.
We will spend the night in Aguas Calientes.
4th Day – Sacred Valley – Cuzco
After breakfast we will travel back to Cuzco passing through the Valle Sagrada. There we will visit the imposing fortress Ollantaytambo and the village Pisac with its famous craft market.
The night will be spent in Cuzco.
5th Day – Cuzco
Free day to enjoy and explore the old-town of Cuzco.
6th Day – Cuzco – Puno
Travelling on the “Route Manco Kápac” (the son of the sun-god Inti and the first mythical Inca-Emperor), our journey takes us to Puno, the „City of Silber“, which is situated at 3.800m above sea-level on the shore of the legendary and deep-blue Lake Titicaca. On the way to Puno we will stop to visit several archeologic sites. The afternoon will be free to rest and acclimatize.
7th Day – Puno – Copacabana
After breakfast we will travel from Puno to the peninsula Copacabana in Bolivia. This place was founded by the Incas who called it Kota Kahuana, which means “lakeview”. Copacabana is a national shrine and a famous pilgrimage site.
8th Day – Lake Titicaca – Sun- and Moon-Island
Visit of the two magical islands of Lake Titicaca, the “Island of the Sun”, Isla del Sol, and the “Island of the Moon”, called Isla de la Luna.
The Isla del Sol is situated 1 km from the mainland and 14,3 km² in size. The original name of the island was "Titicaca", after which the lake was later named. According to Inca mythology, the sun god Inti left his children, the first Inca Manco Kápac and his wife Mama Ocllo, on a rock of Isla del Sol. This place is therefore considered the cradle of the Inca civilization.
The “Island of the Moon” Isla de la Luna, also known as Isla Koati, is 2,8 km long, 0,76 km wide. It is situated 4.1 km from the mainland and 7 km from the neighbouring Isla del Sol.
Amongst mystics and people that are interested in esotericism, it is famous for being of the of the strongest places of female-power.
The night will be spent in Copacabana.
9th Day – Copacabana – Amaru Punku – Puno
Return from Copacabana to Puno with a stop at Amaru Punku (Gate of the Serpent), also known under the names "Aramu Muru" and "Hayumarca" as a city of spiritual forces. Here we will learn the legend of this magical three-dimensional gate, which is also called "Stargate" by some. The next visit is the fertility temple of Chucuito. We will spend the night in Puno.
10th Day - Floating Islands of Uros
In the morning we will visit the floating islands of Uros and its small indigenous community that lives on these reed-islands. Already centuries ago the tribe of the Uros discovered this kind of island as a possibility to protect itself from rival tribes like the Collas, Aymara and Inca.
Overnight stay in Puno.
11th Day - Puno - Cuzco
After breakfast we will head back to Cuzco and visit different places of power and energy. Overnight stay in Cuzco.
12th Day - Day off in Cuzco
13th Day - Cuzco - Ausangate
We will travel from Cuzco to Ausangate to gain a deeper understanding of the energy of the Andes mountains, and to feel the direct connection with them. We will drive to the foot of Apu Ausangate (6.384 m), the fourth-highest mountain in Peru. With „Apu“, the Incas referred to a mountain that is animated with a spirit. Combined, the mind and body of the mountain form the „Apu". Far off from the usual tourist paths awaits you a magical landscape.
We will spend the night in Ausangate.
14th Day - Rainbow Mountain - Cuzco
In the morning we will travel to the Rainbow Mountain in order to climb it, and thereby reach an altitude of over 5.000 m above sea-level.
This magical mountain with its bright colors is unparalleled and mystical.
In the afternoon we will return to Cuzco.
15th Day - Cuzco and surrounding Inca ruins
City tour of Cuzco, where we will visit the Coricancha, which was the most important and the holiest Inca temple.
This sacred building was dedicated to the sun god Inti and was later converted into a christian monastery by the Spaniards. Other sites that we will visit on this day are the fortress Sacsayhuamán, which looks as if it had been built by giants, the mysterious Cuenco that, according to Inca lore, is the entrance to the „underworld“, the water shrine Tambomachay, also known as „the bath of the Inca“, and Puca Pucara or „red fort“. The night will be spent in Cuzco.
16th Day - Cuzco / End of the tour
Transfer to the airport of Cuzco for the your flight of departure. Herewith ends our tour along the Andes.
Price per person in a double room upon request
The price includes:
- 15 overnight stays in a double room in different hotels
- Tour guides: Viejo, Gitika, Katja and Señora Marizol
- Translator Spanish - German - Spanish: Katja Dienemann (www.katja-dienemann.de, www.dienemann-uebersetzungen.de)
- Transfer from and to the airport of Cuzco
- All means of transportation during the whole trip such as train and bus rides
- Train journey: Cuzco - Machu Picchu
- Boat trip in Puno
- Boat trip in Bolivia
- Admission and fees to all archaeological sites
Not included in the price:
- Travel expenses to get to Cuzco from Europe
- Domestic flights Lima - Cusco - Lima
- Food and drinks, lunch and dinner
- Single room supplement only on request and, if available, for an extra charge
- Personal expenses
- Tips, Carrier for personal luggage, etc.
- other fees
- Extension of the journey in Don Viejos camp situated on the Amazon river (for further information, see below)
- Domestic flights Lima - Iquitos - Lima
- Participation is only at the participant's own responsibility.
- You will receive additional recommendations and tips with the travel confirmation.
- Should you have further questions regarding the trip, we will gladly answer them personally
We are looking forward to receiving your registration and booking as soon as possible, as only a limited number of participants is possible! The minimum number of participants is 6 persons, the maximum is 16 persons.
Special offer: 09.08. - 17.08.2020
After the tour in the Andes, it is possible to extend the trip by 8 days in Viejo’s camp in the Rain Forest on the Amazon river including 2 ceremonies and more.
(Price for the extension: 960, - €)
The price includes:
- All the trips on the Amazon river
- 8 days / 7 nights / full board in the jungle camp "Supaychacra", "Wayrachacra"
- All ceremonies and rituals with Viejo
- Carrier for personal luggage
- Transport to and from Iquitos airport, bus & boat trip to Tamshiyacu
- Individual treatments
- German-speaking supervision of Gitika Linser
- Translation Spanish-German-Spanish
- The above mentioned travel itinerary is a concept and is subject to change on-site depending on the circumstances, weather conditions and happenings.
- The registrations should be made at the latest on 15.06.2020 with an advance payment of 500, - €.
- In case of cancellation after 15.06.2020, a cancellation fee of 150, - € will be charged.
- In case of cancellation after 20.07.2019 the registration fee of 500, - € will be forfeited.
- The total amount has to be paid by 10.07.2020
- A passport with at least 6 months validity is required for entry into Peru.
- Inform yourself about the necessary vaccinations at the Tropical Institute and, if necessary, vaccinate them.
- We reccomend to take out a travel cancellation insurance.
Bank account data:
Volksbank Tirol AG
IBAN: AT36 4239 0000 5003 4308
Subject: Anden 2020
For further recommendations and tips for the trip feel free to contact me:
Gitika Linser Phone: 0043-699-190 230 92
Application form Andean Journey 2019