Magic Places and Natural Wonders of the Andes
14-day group tour along the Andes in Peru & Bolivia
Arrival Cuzco 14. - 27.11.2016 Departure Cuzco
This unique and versatile trip in Peru is accompanied by the Peruvian shaman Viejo Agustin Rivas and Gitika Linser.
Peru - in hardly any other country in Latin America is the variety of cultural-historical uniqueness and fascinating landscapes so impressive.
This journey takes us to some of the most important power places (Waka's) of the Incas along the Andes to discover and experience the magic and mysticism of indigenous Andean peoples and their gods in direct contact with nature for themselves. Every step, every weather phenomenon, every cave and ruin, every flower and plant, every bath in the pure and healing waters of the Andes and breathing in the pure air of the mountains allow us to renew and reflect on possible changes in our lives.
Cuzco - Puno - Copacabana - Cuzco - Machu Picchu - Ausangate - Cuzco
Day 1 - Cuzco
The journey begins with the arrival at the airport Cuzco, where all the travel participants meet. Afterwards drive to the hotel. The day is for acclimatization. Cuzco is situated at an altitude of 3,399 m.
Day 2 - Cuzco and Sacred Valley
Visit of the town of Cuzco with the visit of the Coricancha, the most important and most sacred Inca temple dedicated to the sun god "Inti", and then transformed into a Christian monastery by the Spaniards. Afterwards, we explore the Sacred Valley of the Incas, the Sagrada Valley, with its famous sights, relics and ruins of the once powerful Inca era. We visit, among others, the imposing fortress of Ollantaytambo, the gigantic hand-built fortress of Sacsayhuamán, the mysterious Quenco, the mythical Inca tradition, an "entrance to the underworld", Tambomachay, the Bath of Inca and Puca Pucara, Red Fort ".
3rd day - Cuzco - Puno
In the morning drive to "Route Manco Kápac" (son of the sun god Inti and first mythical Inca ruler) with stops at some archaeological sites to Puno
(3.800 m high), the "city of silver" on the legendary deep blue lake Titicaca. Afternoon free to rest.
Day 4 - Puno - Copacabana
Early morning drive to the Copacabana peninsula in Bolivia. The homonymous village was founded by the Incas under the name Kota Kahuana, which means as much as lake view. Copacabana is considered a national sanctuary and is a famous place of pilgrimage.
Day 5 - Lake Titicaca / Sun & Moon Island
Visit the two magical islands of Lake Titicaca, the island of Isla del Sol and the island of Isla de la Luna.
The Isla del Sol is 14.3 sq km in size and 1 km from the mainland. The original name of the island was "Titicaca", after which the lake was later named. In the mythology of the Inca, the sun god Inti is said to have left his children, the first Inka Manco Kápac and his wife Mama Ocllo, on a rock of Isla del Sol, and is therefore considered the cradle of Inca civilization.
The Isla de la Luna, also known as Isla Koati, is 2.8 km long, 0.76 km wide, 4.1 km from the mainland and 7 km from the neighboring Isla del Sol.
The Isla de la Luna is also one of the strongest and best known places of female power among mystics and esoteric people.
Day 6 - Copacabana - Amaru Punku - Puno
Return from Copacabana to Puno with stop at Amara Punku (Gate of the Serpant), also known as "Aramu Muru" and "Hayumarca", as a city of spiritual forces. There we learn the legend of this magical three-dimensional gate, which is also called "Stargate" by some. Next, visit the fertility temple of Chucuito.
7th day - floating islands of Uros / Puno - Cuzco
In the morning visit the floating islands of Uros, a small indigenous community that lives on these reed islands. Already centuries ago the tribe of the Uros discovered this kind of island as a possibility to protect itself from rival tribes like the Collas, Aymara and Inca. Then return from Puno to Cuzco.
Day 8 - Cuzco-Aguas Calientes
Train ride from Cuzco to Aguas Calientes along the river Urubamba. Afternoon optional visit to the hot springs, the "Aguas Calientes".
Day 9 - Machu Picchu
A natural highlight of our trip is the visit of a mystic place, the ancient Inca city Machu Picchu, a UNESCO world heritage site and one of the seven wonder of the world. Enjoy a bus ride to Machu Picchu and visit the world famous site. In the evening return to Cuzco.
Day 10 - Cuzco / rest day
This day is available to rest and to do what is fun.
11th day - Cuzco - Ausangate
Drive from Cuzco to Ausangate to understand the power of the mountains in the Andes deeper and connect us directly with them. We drive to the foot of Apu Ausangate (6,384 m), the fourth highest mountain in Peru. As Apu, the Inca refer to a mountain that is animated with a spirit. Mind and body (the mountain) together form the Apu. Far away from the usual tourist paths, a magical landscape awaits you.
12th day - Ausangate
Small hike at the foot of the Apu Ausangate. At this strong power place we will perform a magical ritual and enjoy a blossoming and growth bath in a breathtaking setting.
13th day - Ausangate - Cuzco
After breakfast return to Cuzco. On this way, we visit important places like Tipon, an archaeological center of the Incas.
Day 14 - Cuzco / end of the trip
Transfer to Cuzco airport for the next flight. This ends our journey along the Andes.
Price per person in double room 2.795, - €
The price includes:
- 13 hotel accommodation in a double room
- Travel guides: Viejo, Gitika Linser and Seniora Marizol
- Transfer from and to the airport in Cuzco
- All transports during the whole trip such as train and bus trips
- Train journey Cuzco - Machu Picchu
- Boat trip in Puno
- Boat trip in Bolivia
- Admission and fees to all archaeological sites
Not included in the price:
- Traveling from Europe
- Domestic flights Lima-Cusco-Lima
- Food and drinks, lunch and dinner
- Single room supplement only on request and, if necessary, for an extra charge
- Personal expenditure
- Tips, Carrier for personal luggage, etc.
- other fees
- Extension at the Amazon camp at Don Viejo
- Domestic flights Lima-Iquitos-Lima
- Participation is only at the participant's own responsibility.
- You will receive additional recommendations and tips with the travel confirmation.
- Further questions about the trip will be happy to answered personally.
We are looking forward to your early registration and booking, as only a limited number of participants is possible! Minimum number of participants 6 persons.
Special offer: 28.11. - 6.12.2016
Optionally, after the Andean trip, an extension of 9 days at the camp of Viejo and Gitika with 2 ceremonies in the Amazon rainforest is possible. (Price for the extension: 995, - €)
The price includes:
- All Amazon Tours
- 9 days / 8 nights / full board in the jungle camp "Supaychacra", "Wayrachacra"
- All ceremonies and rituals with Viejo
- Carrier for personal luggage
- Transport to and from Iquitos airport, bus & boat trip to Tamshiyacu
- Overnight at hotel
- Individual treatments
- German-speaking supervision of Gitika Linser
- Translation Spanish-German-Spanish
- The given travel sequences are a concept and can change depending on the circumstances, weather conditions and conditions on site!
- The registrations should be made no later than 1.9.2016 with a deposit of 500, - €.
- A cancellation fee of 75, - € is due for a cancellation as of 1 January 2016.
- In case of cancellation after 15.10.2016 the registration fee of 500, - € will be forfeited.
- The amount of € 2,795.00 has to be paid by 1 November 2016.
- A passport with at least 6 months validity is required for entry into Peru.
- Ask the necessary vaccinations at the Tropical Institute and, if necessary, vaccinate them.
- It is advisable to take out a travel cancellation insurance.
Bank connection NEW:
Volksbank Tirol AG
IBAN: AT36 4239 0000 5003 4308
Intended use: Andean November 2016
Further recommendations and tips for the trip:
Gitika Linser Phone: 0043-699-190 230 92
Application form Andean Journey 2016